- Must be 18+
Our registration page, membership pages, education courses, and App are not intended for minors under the age of eighteen (18), and we do not knowingly collect data relating to minor.
- Foreign Use
- What information do we collect from you?
We collect any information you may give us including your name; contact details, including email address; password; photograph; position and company; biographical summary; social media links; website link; communication preferences; and your interests, preferences, feedback, survey responses; audio footage e.g., asking questions on a virtual event; video conferencing camera footage if enabled; and any questions you may directly submit (or submit to any platform utilized)
Information we collect about you:
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.Technical information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website, or your mobile app sends when you are using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Service, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your use of the Sites, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, device information (including device identifiers and estimated geographical location), language preferences, and cookie data.
- Other publicly available personal data, including any shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed) when these are selected for display on screens at an event.
This list is not exhaustive, and in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this notice. We use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns on our Sites. We do this to find out things such as the number of people using the Sites and the popularity of content. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our Sites.
As with all websites, our Sites log certain information from each visitor, such as which files are being accessed and the time of day. This information is used to help measure traffic to different parts of our Sites, improve our content, offer members-only discounts and content, and prevent malicious activity. "Cookies" are used as part of this process. If you prefer, you can choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies.
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags, and other technologies: Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (I.e., web beacons, web bugs, or pixel tags), in connection with our Sites to, among other things, track the activities of our Sites’ visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Sites usage. We and our third-party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our visitors, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
- How do we use your data?
We use your data to understand who our members/vendors/visitors are; meet your needs as a member/vendor/visitor; manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us; verify your identity; better host events in your area; send you announcements about upcoming events, association updates, vendor information, and advocacy updates; better understand your needs and how you engage with the association; provide basic contact information to our vendor partners; record and re-publish webinars, virtual events, and other meetings that are recorded; for crime and fraud prevention; enable us to manage customer service interactions with you; and where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information. If you ask for help with your membership, we may access your personal data in order to understand the problem and find a solution. If you send us personally identifiable information about yourself and request information that can be provided by third parties (e.g., press, clients, or others), we will share such information with those third parties to help answer or address any questions or inquiries you may have. All correspondence we receive from you, whether by email, regular mail, or otherwise, will be kept for as long as they are needed or are relevant. AAHOA will never sell your personal data to third parties, including any lead list entity.
- Who might we share your information with?
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners and vendor partners. These include our registration and App provider.
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We impose contractual obligations on service providers to ensure they safeguard personal data in compliance with applicable data protection legislation.
We only allow our investor partners to handle your contact information if you have opted-in or subscribed to such lists. You may update these preferences at any time by updating your online membership profile.
We provide basic information such as name, company, member type, AAHOA ID, city, state and phone number to the Regional Director of your area, Director at Large, and others as necessary in order to assist with your membership, answer any questions you may have, and personally invite you to events in your region.
Additionally, we share our recorded webinars and virtual townhalls with members and non-members. We will disclose personal data when we believe the disclosure is required by law, including to comply with a judicial order served on us, or when we receive a request from law enforcement authorities.
- External Hyperlinks and Ads
- Targeting Ads: We may work with third-party advertising companies who may utilize cookies and web beacons, and data collected on our services, to customize advertisements to you on our services, as well as on other websites or mobile applications in their networks beyond our services. We may place advertisements on our websites, commonly known as contextual ads, which are ads based on the website you are currently visiting and are not based on what third-party websites you may have previously visited (otherwise known as targeted or behavioral ads). We may track how visitors to the customers’ websites interact with or click on these advertisements so we can better manage the customers’ websites and place advertisements on those sites, but we do not use this information for our own purposes. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies). Among other things, these customized advertisements may advertise our products and services and third-party products and services on websites or mobile applications not affiliated with us. Some of these ads are online behavioral advertising – which serve advertisements that are more likely to be of interest to you using non-personal behavioral information. Such ads may contain cookies that allow monitoring of websites and mobile applications (including our own Sites) and your response to such advertisements. Cookies or web beacons placed by these companies do not collect personal information, and the third-party advertising companies do not have access to or use your name, address, email address, telephone number, or other personal information; they may however, anonymously track your usage across our services and other websites or mobile applications in their networks. We limit companies that place our ads from using information for any purpose other than to assist us in our advertising efforts.
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
You may opt-out of recorded webinars or virtual townhalls by simply not signing up for the event and watching the recorded content at a later time.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Sites or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt-out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
- AAHOA Portal (“My AAHOA”)
- Membership to AAHOA: Any individual who owns, or who holds a membership interest in an entity that owns, a proprietary interest in any hotel, or any individual who is interested in acquiring such a proprietary interest, may apply to be a member of AAHOA. AAHOA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
- Please note you must be a United States or Canadian citizen, naturalized citizen, permanent resident, or other lawful resident status to create an online My AAHOA account.
- Correction/Updating of Personal Information: You may review and approve the information we collect about you. If any of this information changes, or if you no longer desire to use the Sites, we will, at your request, correct, update, or remove the information you provided to us. You may request that we do so by sending an email to email@example.com with subject line, “MyAAHOA Personal Information Update,” or logging into your member account.
- User Names and Passwords: Some areas of the Sites are available only to current members or current vendor partners of AAHOA. Unless you are current member/vendor partner of AAHOA, you are not authorized to view the AAHOA Member/Vendor Section areas. Unauthorized entry is prohibited and subject to prosecution under the laws of the United States and its various states and possessions. All activities and access attempts are logged. Each individual AAHOA account is assigned a username and password for that account holder’s sole use in accessing the AAHOA Member/Vendor Section of the AAHOA Sites. If you are an AAHOA member/vendor partner, you agree not to allow others to access the AAHOA Member/Vendor Partner Section of the AAHOA Sites using your username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password. You agree to pay all fees and charges incurred in connection with your username and password at the rates in effect when the fees and charges were incurred. You agree to immediately notify AAHOA of any unauthorized use of your username and password, or if there is any other breach of security.
- Credit Cards: AAHOA uses your credit card number, billing, and shipping information to process purchases and contributions you make online from AAHOA. These purchases and contributions may include payment of membership dues, merchandise, and AAHOA PAC contributions. We do not share your credit card information with anyone. To protect the security of your credit card information, we employ the industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. We also encrypt your credit card number when we store your order and whenever we transfer that information to participating merchants. There are no refunds or returns on any items or memberships purchased from our Sites unless otherwise specifically stated during the check-out process.
- Termination: AAHOA may terminate their use of the Sites and/or account for any reason at any time. AAHOA shall not be liable for termination and resulting deletion of any data.
- Promotions and discounts: AAHOA may from time to time offer promotions and discounts to its products and services.Unless otherwise provided, no promotions and/or discounts can be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other promotions or discounts, and AAHOA shall not issue refunds or retroactively apply any such promotions or discounts to purchases prior to the effective date of the promotion or discount. AAHOA reserves the right to change, withdraw, terminate early, or revoke the terms of any promotion or discount at any time, even before the scheduled end date of such promotion or discount. Additional exclusions may apply.
All of the information we collect is either stored electronically or is restricted in our offices. Only personnel who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. Be advised, however, that we urge you to always exercise caution when conveying personal information over the Internet. Carefully consider if you want to submit sensitive information that you would not want disclosed to the public. You should also recognize your use of the Internet and our Sites is solely at your own risk. You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the security of personal information transmitted via our Sites, the Internet in general, or through any other medium.
- No Legal Advice
AAHOA does not provide legal advice or representation to any individual persons or members. To the extent our Sites contain information about the law that is designed to help the recipient understand or address his or her own legal needs, such information does not constitute legal advice or representation by AAHOA. AAHOA goes to great lengths to ensure the information it provides is accurate and useful, but strongly recommends all persons and AAHOA members consult an outside lawyer and obtain professional advice and representation that is appropriate to their situation.
THE SITES AND ALL CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND ARE INTENDED FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS, IF ANY, WILL BE CORRECTED; NOR DO WE MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, CURRENCY, QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, OR SUITABILITY OF THE SITES, ANY CONTENT, OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES DESCRIBED ON THIS SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITES AND YOUR RELIANCE UPON ANY CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND DISCRETION.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PRINTING OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. AVAILABILITY OF THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES DESCRIBED ON THE SITES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- Limitations of Liability
IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THE SITES OR ANY CONTENT, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO CEASE USING THE SITES.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE OR ANY OF OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR REPRESENTATIVES, OR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, TRANSMITTING, OR DISTRIBUTING THE SITES OR ANY CONTENT APPEARING ON THE SITES, OR ANY PART THEREOF, BE LIABLE FOR ANY PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITES, ANY CONTENT, OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES DESCRIBED ON THE SITES, WHETHER UNDER A THEORY OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE, SUCH PERSONS, OR SUCH PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Intellectual Property
- Copyright Violation: AAHOA respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide the following information: (i) a statement describing the copyright interest and where the interest is located on our Sites, (ii) a statement describing you or your organization’s right to the copyrighted work and the registration of such work; (iii) a written statement, made under perjury, that all of the information provided is accurate and you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and (iv) your name, address, telephone number, and email address. Please email such claims to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Copyright Violation” in the subject line.
- Law and Jurisdiction
- Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices, our data practices, or our compliance with applicable law, please email us at email@example.com. You can also call us at 404-816-5759.